The AAALAC International Fellowship Award
This award is presented by AAALAC International through a grant by Priority One Services, Inc. (POS) and in cooperation with the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS), the Institute of Animal Technology (IAT), the Medical Research Council (MRC), and the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
The AAALAC International Fellowship recognizes two outstanding Registry participants each year--one IAT Registered (RAnTech) technologist and one AALAS Registered (RALAT, RLAT, RLATG, or CMAR)--who have made (or have the potential to make) significant contributions to the field of laboratory animal care and use. The award is intended to promote and reward the efforts of individuals who have demonstrated a commitment to a career in laboratory animal science and have shown a strong interest in attaining additional education and training to become more proficient in their vocation. The candidates nominated for this prestigious award must be either AALAS (RALAT, RLAT, RLATG, or CMAR) Registered or IAT Registered (RAnTech at Membership or Fellowship level).
Click here for complete criteria details ...
See past recipients ...
If you are IAT Registered...
In the fall, the IAT Registered (RAnTech) recipient will participate in a week-long educational internship in an animal care and use program within a U.S. institution. This will be followed by attendance at the National AALAS meeting. Upon completion of the fellowship, the recipient will be expected to write a paper about their experience for publication on the AAALAC International website.
Timeline for the IAT Registered Participants nomination process:
- Call for nominations: February, March, April, May
- Nomination package deadline: June 1
- Selection Committee reviews nomination packages: June-July
- Award recipients notified: August 1
If you are AALAS Registered...
Deadline for receiving application packages is October 1.
In the spring, the AALAS (RALAT, RLAT, RLATG, or CMAR) Registered recipient will participate in a week-long educational internship in an animal care and use program within an institution in the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland. This will be followed by attendance at the IAT Congress. Upon completion of the fellowship, the recipient will be expected to write a paper about their experience for publication on the AAALAC International website.
Timeline for the AALAS Registry Participants nomination process:
- Call for nominations: June, July, August, September
- Nomination package deadline: October 1
- Selection Committee reviews nomination packages: October-November
- Award recipients notified: December 1
- Nominating letter (candidates may self-nominate)
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Up to three letters of support
- Written statement (up to 500 words) by the candidate describing why s/he should be selected for this award
- Candidate’s contact information (mailing address, email address and phone number)
The Nomination Package should be sent to:
c/o The International Fellowship Selection Committee
5205 Chairman's Court,Suite 300
Frederick, MD 21703
If you have any questions about this award call +301.696.9626 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
return to top